TJO ANIMAL CONTROL IS AVAILABLE FOR URGENT FIELD SERVICES 24 HOURS A DAY, SEVEN DAYS A WEEK IN SPRINGFIELD, HOLYOKE, AND CHICOPEE
For animal control services in Springfield, Holyoke, & Chicopee please call 413-781-1484 x1.
TJO ADOPTION CENTER IS HERE TO HELP BY APPOINTMENT
Appointments are scheduled Monday through Saturday 8:00 am through 4 pm.
Please call the adoption center for all appointments:
(413) 781-1484 x2.
Masks are REQUIRED for all appointments and services.
The following services are conducted by appointment:
* Reclaiming a pet
* Surrendering a pet
1. Please check out our website www.tjoconnoradoptioncenter.com to see animals available for adoption.
2. Read the descriptions of the animals that are available.
3. If there is an animal that feels like a match for you, please call the adoption center to learn more about them.
4. TJO staff will schedule an appointment to meet that animal.
5. Appointments are scheduled every 30 minutes, so please arrive on time for your appointment.
6. We are unable to hold any animals.
7. Many of our animals are available to go home the same day if they have been medically cleared. Please be prepared for this possibility.
TO RECLAIM AN ANIMAL
1. If your pet is currently at TJO, please call the adoption center at (413) 781-1484 x2.
2. We will ask you to email or text us the following:
a. Photo of your animal
b. Proof of ownership (adoption contract, receipt from sale, vet records etc.)
c. A valid identification
d. Rabies certificate
e. Related paperwork such as licensing documents
3. We will make an appointment for you to come and reclaim your pet, once all documentation has been received.
4. At the time of the appointment, we will assist you from your vehicle.
5. Please have a mask with you as we will ask that you wear it while interacting with our staff.
TO SURRENDER AN ANIMAL
Whenever possible, is is best if you can find a home for your pet yourself. While each animal at TJO receives compassionate care and excellent medical treatment, the adoption center is not a home environment. Animals can become stressed when away from their people and in a shelter environment.
If you are unable to rehome your pet, please call the adoption center to make an appointment. Urgent cases are given priority. TJO will place all animals that are friendly and healthy while in our care. Any animal coming in with medical or behavioral challenges will be evaluated to determine if they are candidates for adoption.